Hockey Mask!

Greetings!

Today in the land of Jamaa we have a wonderful returning item: The Hockey Mask! This item can be bought for 250 gems at Jam Mart Clothing. Did you know that the first person in the NHL ever to wear a mask during a hockey game wore a mask like this? His name was Clint Benedict, played for the Montreal Maroons (a Canadian team if you're wondering), and he wore a mask after getting smashed in the face by a hockey puck. Before that, there was no such thing as hockey masks- not even the goalies (which need to be well protected) wore masks! Cool stuff! Anywho, there is a bit of history for you, even before the factual part of the post!


And now, it's time for the factual section of the post! Hmm... I should really make a picture for that kind of like the Jammer Sundaes sign. I'll have to think about that.

First, our word of the day:

Pompous (pronounced pawm-pus): affectedly grand, solemn, or self-important

Strange word! If you have any suggestions for words I should feature on my next post be sure to tell me in the comments!

Next, our fact of the day:

Hugging someone for 20 seconds (at least) releases Oxytocin, which can make the person you are hugging trust you more.

Remember, friends are for hugging! Liked today's facts? Tell me what you think!

Adventure Awaits

Something to say? You are more than welcome to contact me at arcticstarjamaa@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I learned Pompous in English class...

    Hi, Arctic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello rainbow! I try to find uncommon, strange sounding, or unknown words for my posts ^.^

      Delete
  2. pompus sounds funny :)

    ReplyDelete

HomeJourney BooksLandsLore Beta Codes SupportGraphics Forum
Images and Text Copyright © Animal Jam Community and Smart Bomb Interactive 2010-2015
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...