Comparing Animal Jam 2013 to Animal Jam 2019!

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyoooooooo Jaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeeerrrrrssssss! How was your weekend?!

Today's post is going to be a little different than normal. Today I'm going to be comparing what 2013 Animal Jam design was like, compared to today's designed. I joined Animal Jam in 2013, so it'll be fun to look back and see what's different!

Since we obviously can't access 2013 AJ through animaljam.com, I'm going to be using a website called Wayback Machine (web.archive.org). You can't log into your Animal Jam account through this website, but you can see the homepage, and things like that.

Let's get started!

---


This is just a fun picture to get us started... It was the only Animal Jam picture I could find in my email. It was a month after I joined Animal Jam, and uh- wow. Look at that den. Oh wow. XDD During 2013-2014, I was super obsessed with horses. I guess that's why I had about a billion horses in my den?

Just for fun I looked at my very first den to see if it was still decorated like that, and it wasn't.


It was a crazy Christmas den, and on the inside was a dog bowl, which reminded me that me and Coolcat used to roleplay as her being a very mean dog, and me being the owner... Pretty sure I neglected the dog a lot. It was interesting. Hehe


Ah, back in the good ol' days where every time you logged onto Animal Jam you hurried, because you thought Liza was spying on you and actually taking your picture. And also the phantoms were taking over your screen. Mmm.


Below The Daily Explorer ad, is a sign that says 10,000,000 jammers! I checked, and for some reason I don't have this banner anymore. I must of traded it at some point in time.

Now lets compare 2013's homepage to 2019's homepage.


I just feel like it's way too busy. No slam on AJHQ, but on animaljamstream.blogspot.com, a conversation has been going on about how Animal Jam has stepped farther and farther away from being an educational game, to really just asking for more money. It's sad, but true.

Sorry the pictures weren't loading!

Ah, The Daily Explorer! This was back when they were "blog.animaljam.com", and not "dailyexplorer.animaljam.com". On the right hand side, there was links that would take you directly to all the Rare Item Monday's, or would take you to a page about the alphas! Stuff like that made the blog something special.


They for sure have modernized it quite a bit, and they now have something called "PopJam" on the right hand side, which is basically a kids social media that Animal Jam uses. I do have to say I like the new Daily Explorer better though.


*screams* ANIMAL JAM OUTFITTERS!! My mom got me a Sidekix plushie for Christmas in 2013, and I still have it! It's still one of my favorite plushies that I own. If you remember, this is back when they also sold the wild cat bracelets, and I'm pretty sure all the profits went to help actual wild cats in real life! So cool!

If I could get another Sidekix plushie, I would probably get the tiger. It's so cute!


Here is today's Animal Jam Outfitters. Not a big fan if it if I'm being honest... The prices have gone up a lot for certain items. However, there is some cool new Animal Jam merch!

---

What old parts about Animal Jam do you like, and wish could come back? What new parts do you like? It's crazy how much things can change in of 6 years! For that matter, how have you changed during these 6 years? Let me know in the comments!

I know comments haven't been approved in a while, but when they do approve, I'll be sure to go back and read what you guys have to say! :)

---

Here's todays Bible verse!

Psalm 97:11

Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right.

God made you. Uniquely. Beautifully. Intentionally. Purposefully. Wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HomeJourney BooksLandsLore Beta Codes SupportGraphics Forum
Images and Text Copyright © Animal Jam Community and Smart Bomb Interactive 2010-2015
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...