Why, God?

Today we remember the lives lost 17 years ago. 2,996 people died. 6,000 injured. The thought of that just disturbs me so much. Why would someone ever do something like that? Who in their right mind would think that's okay?

There's been so many shootings lately. Terrorist attacks, suicide, and so many other things. That really makes us ask, why, God? And honestly, I don't know why. But God can use these things to bring people to Him. To restore broken relationships, to bring people together, to get cities to work together.

A Christian artist, Austin French recently released a song called "Why God" after the Santa Fe school shooting. Some of the song lyrics are just really asking God, why. Why do these things happen. But I love the chorus, which says,

"I don't understand,
but I understand...

Why God I need you
It's why God I run to your arms
over and over again
It's why God I cling to
Your love and hold on for dear life
and I find you are right by my side"

God didn't say life would be easy. He didn't say he would give us the exact answer to every single question in life. But He did say he will always be with us, and "He will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6). God will be with us during these times of struggle and heartache. Psalm 34:18 says,

-

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

-

I don't have the answers, but I know God uses every single thing for a reason. For our good, and His glory.

Today, I encourage you to lean on God, and trust Him. His ways are just, right, true, and good.

Here's the audio Why God by Austin French.

HomeJourney BooksLandsLore Beta Codes SupportGraphics Forum
Images and Text Copyright © Animal Jam Community and Smart Bomb Interactive 2010-2015
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...